Friday, May 11, 2007

My Job

So I don't often bitch about my job. It's a great job. I have no issues going to the store and picking out tomatos. I have no issues hunting down the top of a BBQ or making dinner reservations. Nothing I DO for my job bugs me. It's daily bullshit and if I get paid to do it fine with me. But today is wine moving day. Movers are coming to take a 7' x 5' x 3' wine fridge up to Napa. Inside this wine fridge is a couple hundred bottels of wine. No worries, I got wine boxes from every local liquer store that was willing to give them (F YOU BevMo). Yesterday, my boss says, "Hey, so I'll call you tonight and let you know when they are coming to get the fridge so we can start packing wine." 10:30pm last night... no call. Okay, I'll keep the phone near me and she'll call me in the morning. 8:30am I wake up... no call. Check my "work" e-mail... no messge. Okay, I take a shower get dressed, eat breakfast... call her... no answer... no cell answer. AHHH! I could have gone for a run (in hind sight). I could have slept more (way more likely). But now it's 10am and she calls. "Oh I didn't want to wake you." (As I said how can I really bitch about this job.) Such is life right. As Apple Jacks said... roll with the bunches. Also, "Don't get the Urban... we don't play well with others attitude." No, us Urbans' we don't have that... um no... we are great at team sports like... well badmitin... horseback riding... car racing... tennis... wreseling... wait those aren't team sports... DAMN. Well, we work for others like... let see I have... 1 out of my 20+ second level relitives that works for someone else... Hmmm the others they work for themselves. Well, okay so maybe I should roll with the bunches and do my best to put my Urban differences aside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Applejacks actually said the more appropriate..."roll with the punches"...I don't really know how to roll with the bunches...do bunches of bananas really roll or just flop. Hmmmm

Tasha said...

I was thinking, roll with the bunches, like, roll with other people. Maybe if you get a bunch of people together and work them into a ball, they roll pretty well, but I'm not entirely sure about that...