Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I might not have gotten a raise....

I didn't get my raise at The Academy, the center where I do my non-private tutoring.  Before the holidays I asked for a raise.  I got part of it but in terms of dollars per hour I didn't get shit, though I was asking for a lot more money than I'm making, 40% more.   I was also laughed at by the center manager "No one here makes that much." but she humored me and sent it along to the owner anyway. I haven't heard a thing.  
Today, I heard something... I found out the other women who does the elementary tutor program with me is leaving for the rest of the school year.  What does this mean for me? you might ask.  More money? oh not quite. not without working more thats for sure. I need to absorb all her tutor kids into my schedule.  Meaning I will now be booked from 3:30-6:30 four days a week at a minimum. Somedays I will have kids as early as 2:30 and as late as 8.  Other days I will sub from 7:45am and still tutor until 8pm.  
Oh did I mention that I also need to write reviews and  create lesson plans for ALL the elementary kids now.  Oh, yes, that raise... well I got the more responsibility part but not the money part...hmmm
So for all you Bitches who tell me I don't work hard can F-off 'cause really, the rest of this school year is going to be jam packed with kids. 

No comments: