Sunday, May 07, 2006

Del Mar Horse Show

I've just come back from my first of two weeks down in San Diego. This week was at the Del Mar horse park. There are three rings and only major classes. Now all the jumper classes are in the big arena. It was carnage in the ring. On Saturday night there is the $100,000 Grand Prix (mostly perfesionals). It was such a hard course only three people didn't knock down rails. The winner had one time fault (being slower than the time the the course designer allows). The winner on his second horse fell off. In the class before horses were stopping out, people falling off, people knocking down 8 rails. It was insane. One out of every 5 people in the top classes looked like they should be in the class. These amazing horses being punished left and right by these riders who CAN'T ride.
Well, so now you know how hard it was. I had 50+ people in my classes (Low Jr./A.O. Jumpers). I got 4th on Thur., two rails Friday, one rail Saturday, and two rails today (around 13th or 14th place). I'm not HAPPY with how i rode but i'm not NOT happy. Today Stella slipped and pulled herself together and we finished the class (with our two rails). But hey I did better than 75% of my class so I'm happy... i guess. But I have another chance next week. Wish Me Luck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Aundra! You will do great!