Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Woodside Horse Show


I have recently finished my third horse show of the season, Woodside pre-spring horse show (or something). Now, I didn't do well ribbon wise like Indio (a couple first and a third out of 50 some horses) but i rode the best I've ridden in my life. I rode so well... god i don't even know how i rode like that but Lindsay, my trainer, compared me to Mandy Porter

Yeah MANDY PORTER!!!! Mandy Porter is one of the top show jumpers on the West Coast. With her 11 year old Belgian Warmblood mare Summer, owned by Wild Turkey Farm, Porter has posted wins in the 2004 Del Mar International Grand Prix, CSI-W, the 2005 Del Mar Palms Classic Grand Prix, and the 2005 Pebble Beach Grand Prix. They had multiple top five finishes in 2005.

No NOT Stella...

Porter lived and rode in Europe from 1993 to 1999 and represented the United States Equestrian Team at many international competitions. She also rode for the United States on three NationsÂ’ Cup teams in Gijon, Spain, Linz, Austria, and La Baule, France.

Ah, but then it went away on Sunday... so i need to find my inner Mandy by the time i get down to San Diego, this next weekend oh and next weekend.

1 comment:

Fool Ishy said...

First of all let me say "Good for you." Damn, you have a Blog AND a passion!

Some beautifual pictures! Wow!

Keep it up!

By the way- how the HELL do you get a horse to do THAT! I used to ride "Western" when I was younger and never could figure out how to contol the damn horse.