Friday, October 20, 2006

AIA vs Apple Jacks

That's right. I can't mention the meeting and not do a follow up. And yes Apple Jacks was late but he tried and you can only control traffic so much. It's just a lot to ask. A guy who normally doesn't get home 'til 8 to ask him to get home two hours earlier... that's a bit time difference. So, 20 min late, not to bad.
All in all it was great. Abbie made an effort to be comfortable with him, which is saying a lot for a two year old. He talked a bunch with Ian about cars and other stuff that I partially zoned out for. He talk with both Ian and Amy about Syracuse (yes I did have to look up how to spell it and yes they all went to the same college). I totally zoned out for that, something about crazy squirrels and dorms and different restaurants. I wanted to interject about the squirrel that got shaved at Lewis and Clark but I couldn't get a word it. That and Abbie was way more entertaining than the conversation about a dark, cold, gray place I've been to once.
At one point Apple Jacks tickled Abbie's feet and it made me smile. The cutest thing was when she walked off to bed and said "Night Night Apple Jacks." (No she did not say Apple Jacks but I'm still not ready for his name to go, though most people who read this know who he is... but it's way more fun to call him Apple Jacks.)
All in all it was good. I got the call the next morning for the AIA update/approval of Mr. Apple Jacks. And that I will keep to myself. That's mine at the moment. If you need to know I'm sure I'll tell you soon but in all everyone can know it was great food, decent wine, and good conversation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple Jacks is a punk! You should really listen to AIA's advice and think carefully if he is worth your time. Not long term BF material...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr. anonymous care to elaborate?