Monday, October 16, 2006

My weekend

This weekend I was up in Sac for a "local" horse show. After showing in Canada and doing some hard shows in the LA area I just don't quite have the same respect for my smaller shows any more. Anyway, enough of my snobbery, I'll keep it simple for everyone and just say. I did well over all. Not stellar, but not to shabby. I think I might have won enough money to pay for most of the show costs.
On another note. Apple Jacks. Yes, things are still good. I would have liked for him to come to the horse show but he was up in Seattle for work and to hang out with some friends. He had one realization while gone that he told me about that I feel is blog worthy. That is, it's hard to have friends who live far away. (No Shit... Try your three closest friends living far away!) I think, or hope at least, that he has a new grasp on what my friendships with my three away girls is like. Who knows, he's a boy, I'll never understand what goes on in his head.
But Apple Jacks may be blessed with a new name and a character to go with it. That's right. Tony the Tiger. And no it has nothing to do with the fact that I think he's "GREEEAAATTTT" but it has to do with his flakiness. Not just flakiness, I mean I could have gone for special K with that was all, but his FROSTED flakiness. It has to do with the fact that in my life time, the 100,000's of flights I have taken, I have never totally utterly forgotten and missed my flight. That takes talent, and my boy has it. So for this entry he will be Tony. He will be my giant frosted flake. And one day, some day soon I hope 'cause we have dinner plans with the first family group, AIA, he'll be timely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have faith in him!