Sunday, November 05, 2006

Las Vegas

For once what happened in Vegas isn't going to stay in Vegas basically because it wasn't a Vegas "vacation" for me. Hell, I didn't even make it to the strip. I was at a horse show. It was busyness as usual for me. The two days I wasn't mentally there. I think I was caught up with some shit that went down back at home. But today, Sunday, when it counted I pulled it together. I rode. That's not to say I wasn't riding great all weekend (I got third on Friday) but Sunday, rather than feeling like I was sitting there like a well trained monkey, I rode. Out of 22 horses only 7 went clean the first round. Out of those seven only three went double clean... I was not one of them. I was, as always, the fastest four faulter. One rail. Four seconds faster than the winning combination but still in fourth place. That's okay, next week it's off to LA (Apple Jacks is coming down to watch, though I don't know if he knows what he's in for. {I read on the plane today that most people wait 3-6 months to ask their significant other to Thanksgiving dinner...}) and it's a whole new week anything can happen.

No comments: