Thursday, March 02, 2006

Babysitting

Okay, okay so I know I'm a 25 year-old who still babysits, but it's good money and easy money... Well some times. I only really work for two families, one with three kids (T, M, & E) and one with two (J & M). I work for the first family the most. T is 14, M is 12, and E is 9. T and I are cool. We get along, he listens to me sometimes (most of the time) and I get to hear all about it high school life (god how it has changed). E is a girl and we tend to just find pictures on line and color them in. One time we made word searches and an other mazes, it's fun. Now M is a different story. He's middle kid all the way. Pissed at the world, emotional, volatile, the works. One time I was taking all of them out for a movie. Now in CA if you're under 12 or 13 you can't sit in the front seat. I'm obviously not 100% on this rule. So I told M that he could sit up front, but then his brother T reminded me of the rule. I GREATLY apologists to M and told him he needed to move back. After asking 5-6 times, he gets out, pushed his brother out of the way, SLAMS the door, flicks me off, and walks back to the house. I call his mother and she's just like, fine leave him there. So that's M.
Now, last night the boys were told by their mom that they were NOT to interact. (yeah right). So I keep trying to encourage them to leave each other alone. At 8:30pm is when M needs to take a shower and get into bed. I'm letting the boys watch TV, some bad movie about BMX biking. 8:30 hits and I tell M he has to go shower, I tell him about 12 times. He rolls over on the couch, he moans, he gets up and falls back on the couch. Finally he starts to really get up. He take a step behind me and grabs his brothers shoe and goes to attack him with them. Now I step in front of M, push him (gently) back on to the couch and tell him: I'm not putting up with that shit from him. He needs to go take a shower and get ready for bed. Now I did say this in a bit of anger Aundra rage way but really I was done with it.
So he leaves, and I hear the phone. He calls his mom, who is at a Cal. Basketball game, and tells her (I'm over hearing though the wall) that "Aundra is like freaking out!" Whatever dude, TAKE A SHOWER. So he gets off, procrastinates a bit on the shower, but finally does as I've asked. It was amazing though, after that he was like good kid again. I guess sometime you just need to scare the b-Jesus out of them... hmmm good to know.
PS> Mom totally didn't care. But I did find out that her husband and she are separating... That's kind of sad, there were this great biking, out doors, active family. (She use to be a fire jumper!) I guess life is never easy

No comments: