Monday, July 10, 2006

The last day

Finally I rode. I rode like it was Sunday. I rode like it mattered. I rode like this was mother f*ing Canada and it was time for me to step up. My first round was great, no rails and only one "lucky" fence. That ment I was on the the jump off. The only one at the barn who made it to a jump off the whole time at Spruce Meadows! It was hot and the course was tough. Everyone was getting a bending seven from fence one to two, turing quickly back to three and four getting a galloping seven to five, galloping to six and seven (a tall plank fence, easy to knock down) in five steps and running to the last fence. It was tough to start and everyone was putting the presure on. I was second to last to go out of the 12 clean rides. Six had layed down a second clean (meaning no rails) ride.
Stella was a star. We did one to two in six, easily. Got lucky in to three and I leaned at four and she rolled it infront. I didn't gallop like I should have to five and she supermaned it a bit but bless her heart she left it up. I had to add up in six to the planks (I didn't want to have two rails). And we galloped to the last fence into either place.
Saddly, the last person laid an amazing trip with his amazing horse and had no rails and was fast so he bumped me to ninth. But hell, I got an orage ribbon. We don't have those here in the states. Ninth is light blue. So that's cool. I'm happy with that. All in all it was a great show. And if I ride like I did I'll have Hannah Selleck run into me any day of the week. (she did appoligise PROFUSLY).

No comments: