Friday, July 21, 2006

Well, Tasha got me thinking, not just from her blog but also our talk. And I can't think of anyone where the mental attraction lead to sexual attraction. I've definatly had relationships where we should have worked but had no attraction(fireman), relationships where there is more spark than we know what to do with to (Mr. M {vanished to the land of T-ass} and kind of Mr. C {god knows what to call that}), and yes the pretty boys (Mr. B, oh and Dan). The guys more into me than I'm into them (Duck lips, and trout boy). But no one where we started as friend and grew into a relationship. Well, Matt but isn't wasn't a mental attraction... I think that more had to do with avaliblity and competition. Maybe Tim... but it was more his spirit and passion for teaching that grew the attraction... but his assholeness definatly countered it in the long run. So when Tasha asks if I think it's possable to have a "relationship" without physical attraction (She had examples where she felt it might be), I don't know. I think they both have to be there. I think you need to go, damn that man is HOT, CUTE, SEXY, (whatever) and be able to spend 80hr in a row and never get board, never feel like the silence is akward. What does that say about me? Does that mean I'm asking too much? Is that why I'm still single? Have I just watch too many Disney films and read too many trashy girl books? I wouldn't ever say I'm a romantic but... does wanting everything make me one?

3 comments:

al said...

i don't think you're asking too much. i think that's what we all want.

we just need a really good plan to figure out how to find guys who live up to those expectations.

Anonymous said...

It's totally possible. Look at me and Steve. Sometimes it takes a while to get there. Although, even with us, there wasn't an immediate spark - our relationship definitely sparked after a few months of "just friends."

akd said...

i think there's gotta be both: physical and mental. If the physical isn't there right off the bat, sometimes it becomes more apparent (with girls, anyway) the more you get to know someone. But w. no physical attraction whatsoEVer? Sorry honey, i ain't gonna get naked w. you, nu-uh. not my style.