Thursday, April 20, 2006

Evil Job Interview

So yeah I've been bitching about this job thing for a while but i did have an interview this morning with Sycamore Valley Elementary School in San Ramon CA. Now, it started off all good and sweet. I got there early and was able to start the interview early, a good foot to start with. The principal was a very nice man, in dark jeans, a Ralph Lauren button down and a bad yellow tie (but he did have neat glasses). He started the interview by saying how i was a very strong canidate, like everyone he was interviewing today, and he was sure we would all get jobs, if not in the San Ramon Schools district somewhere else (great dude... that doesn't change much that just tells me that if you don't like me well i should still feel good about myself... whatev!). So the interview started and it was one of those interview where they ask you a question that is a big question like "You know reading a a big part of first grade, how would you teach that?" and stair at you. How would i teach it, i would use all the resources avalible to me... blah blah... pause to breath... doesn't look like they are happy with my answer (i'm not happy with my answer) some more blah blah (good god he's twiddling his thumbs i need to wrap this up). Each question felt like a trick. After I answered them i wondered... did i leave something out... was he looking for a different answer. Now, i will say i didn't BOMB any of my questions, every answers was more or less on point and did answer the question (as veg as the question was... that's what they get back a big veg answer...) i mean really "How would the children you've taught describe you?" Which kids. The kid i had to bench for recess for like a whole week... or the kid who i worked with to control her ADD or the kid who love the fact i let her be creative... which kid? I don't lie, i let them know about each of the kids, about the fact i will not be loved by all 120 kids in the grade level. I will have kids that think i'm the greatest and others that think i'm mean as hell and that's fine with me... shouldn't it be? AHHHHH, it's like second guessing hell!

PS> I didn't get it. He had a long term sub who he had lined up ie: it was already filled but he had the interviews set up so he had to go though with it.

No comments: