Friday, April 07, 2006

friendster... myspace... and such

So the internet is an amazing thing. I can go to myspace type in the first and last name of anyone i know, from high school, college, horses ect and 7 times out of 10 they are there. The thing that's weirdness me out is seeing into these peoples lives, this sliver of who they are now, who they are one... three... or even five years after I've last talked to them, seen them, spoke to them. Where is this going... i'll get there>
So there is a guy i was real close to a few years ago. Had this natural connection with him. I did some stupid things, made some bad choices about him, with him, and we lost touch. He'll always be my "what if" according to Maya (one of the few people in my life who met him). Now, here i am 2006, I last saw him six years ago. Six years (makes me feel old). I found his band on google, than him on myspace and here he is. Six years older. Six years of his life i have no clue about. Six years of tattoos that i can only guess what they mean (last time i saw him he had gotten the first part of his sleeve and i remember thinking "Damn my mom won't like that").
So I'm being a bit of a stalker snoop and reading some of the comments on his myspace. I notice that there is one chick who has left like a gazilion comments so i look at her myspace. She considers this guy and his best friend (a person my guy has been friends with since... god... they had been friends for like 6 years when i knew them so a friend for like EVER), she considers them her family. She has a little boy and these two "men" with tattoos and plugs in their ears the size of a nickel who i use to hang with a drink beers with and who taught me to drive a stick, her family.
Wow what can happen in six years. How life changes and rotates and moves on. It always moves on, and to me that's what i notice most about friendster or myspace or any of these things, is that life keeps going.

No comments: