Tuesday, June 13, 2006

At Least It's Not Monday

My day started off fine, got to sleep in a bit. But i wake up to the sound of my heater BLASTING. So I get up to turn it off and out side my big sliding door is my father and some big bald guy looking at the stack of wood for the deck. Then my phone rings and it's my credit card company to tell me my card had been used in England (I know... it's called the internet). So i have good intentions for my morning to go to the allergy people and run before I head to Berkeley to see my niece and get new breaks put on my car.
I'm driving to run and i realize I have a check that I need to deposit and my favorite ATM is next to a Starbucks. Now i can't go run right after a Chai so I go to get my shots. I do some prep work for tutoring the next day.
Now i get done with my shots and it's 10:30 but I was going to see Abbie at before lunch and I still have to take a shower. Oh well can't go run... too bad.
I shower, drive to Berkeley and play/eat with Abbie. At 1pm Ian and I head to Eddie's to put breaks on my car. They already have fucked up my order on my break kit once, wrong bolts. So it takes an hour for Ian and I to get a rack to put my car up. We deside that since my car is up and we're working on breaks we might as well put new sprigs on too. The springs are 100 times harder to put on than we thought...
Okay springs are on and we start to put on the breaks. We put them on and the break pads hang over the edge of the caliper (that's the round thing that the breaks grip). NOT GOOD. It's now also 3:30. i have to work at 4:30... We call the makers of the product, 2 Bennett, "this has never happened before." So try to mess with stuff. I call the person I'm working for and tell her "My car is in pieces i'm going to be late." She is wonderfully accomidating. And gives me an extra hour. Ian and I keep working. We still havn't gotten any where with it... I have to leave my poor brother with a car in pieces while I take his truck to go watch some kids. I also can't watch the kids with the truck, I have to drive them back from a swim meet. As i leave my brother i realize I left my bag with all my tutoring stuff in my car (five feet up in the air on a rack). i call Ian ask him to grab it and I'll grab it at 7:30am ('cause I work at 8am back in Orinda). I'm still late to go to the swim meet but I make it... and my kind mother meets me with their Jeep, a clean pair of pants and a sweat shirt. I see the kids, meet their grandma, go change and spend two hours at a swim meet (a frist for me). I get ice cream with the kids, bring them home, and get them to change into PJ's brush teeth. The boy is goofing, which ends up making the girl be extra good. Finally all is dressed and brushed and we read a couple chapters in their book. We walk up the stairs and the boy grabs the book from me and yells how he wants to put a book mark in it. I tell him when we get to his room he can get the book mark and he can mark the book. No, this will not work he wants the book first. No, I wasn't going to give in. I told him the situation and he wasn't having. He yells. He punched me. I look him in the eye and tell him that's not okay. He's not going to get anything if he act like that. I also keep repeating the "rules". If he gets the bookmark he'll be able to get the book.
Long yelling kicking story short... I end up having to lock him in his room (his door knob is backwards just for that purpose). After 10 min I hear "Can you open the door so I can go to bed please." It was so much nicer that "You're a poopy head..." If he only knew I've been called so much worse. Finally, he gets into bed, gets his dogs, and falls asleep.
Now I just have to get up really f-ing early and spend four hours with a family i've never worked with... tutor one new kid... tutor the ADHD kid... ride... and go see my brother and buy them dinner 'cause he worked so hard on my car. To do that I had to cancel a job interview for a distirct that is a hour drive from where i live... no big loss i hope.

1 comment:

Aundra said...

It's the hugs and smiles I get later