Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Local Sac. Show

My show did start off on the wrong foot. I got a call from my trainer that was "Well, Stella was odd today. I need to show her tomorrow." I was like f**k she's never "odd" at horse shows. She loves horse shows. So, I asked what went wrong. To sum in up in words that don't make since to almost everyone who reads this: she was dropping behind Linds's leg, hesitating in the corner, looking up at the flags, and stopped in the tripple combination. Roughtly Stella was not Stella. So this got in my head and if i didn't call you freaking out about it all (and the fact i found out Orinda has a job opening) you're lucky.
So Lindsay rode her Friday am and let me know that my true Stella was back. "I just dropped the reins and kicked her around and it was so much fun." Linds said with a BIG ass grin on her face (i could hear the grin over the phone). A weight was lifted off my shoulders and I arrived at the show feeling much better. At 4pm that Friday I rode and rode great in the warm up ring and was excited to ride the course. To sum that up, it went well but we stopped at on fience but it was jump it or crash though the fience and die... so i'm okay with the stop. No ribbon but that's understandable... so i drove home not needing to return 'til 4 the next day.
Now the next day was the Dash-For-Cash (an open class so I ride aganst profesionals). I get to the show around 3 watch other people from my barn and look at the course for the night. It looked like fun. There was an option with three fences in the middle of the course that you had to pick two of them to do for #s 5 and 6 and the other two for #s 9 and 10. It looked fun. As I walked the course with Lindsay she was incouriging me to take tight turns and go quick. So 6pm can around (my parents drove up to watch!!!!) and I watch the first couple go, I go 16th our of 25 or so. Butterflys grew in my stomic but people were riding well and doing different things with the opptions.
I got on and did my best to warm up slowly (the less time i have before i go into the ring the better). I get warmed up and I go it. I go quick and have the third rail down, do the first option great (tight bending three) and keep going. I do the second option (curve in two) and tip up her neck and get rail two (8 sec. added) I finish up with the fastest time, 78 sec. Two seconds faster than the person in the lead but with eight second added I am in 5th. I watch my past trainer go, other people i know go and hope I don't get moved down too much. All in all I ended up 8th (not to bad for my first open level night class.
Sunday: Now Linds and I were worried i'd have a horse ready to run off her feet for me after or class yesterday so today was about learning from the day before and getting the horse I want next week for LA. Simmilar course as the day before. I go, get lucky in a few places, ride great in others and am clean in my first round. Didn't know I was clean but get "yelled" at to be told I am. I go over my jump off (this is where speed matters) and I go. Stella is a super star. We fly. We go a bit wide around one corner but keep going and don't louse speed. I do the last two fences great (a steady five) and am... once again... FAST! I was winning until the last horse went in and beat me by a quarter of a second (by leaving out a step on the last line). But second aint too bad.
Now on Wednesday I fly down to San Juan Capistron for my last show befor I'm up to Canada for Spruce Meadow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»